Wednesday 27 January 2016

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Concealer + Treatment

Hey girls I am going to share with you all my current favorite drugstore concealer from Maybelline "INSTANT AGE REWIND ERASER DARK CIRCLES CONCEALER + TREATMENT " This is one of my current holy-grail concealer!

Products Details
Active Formula and Micro-Corrector Applicator erase dark circles, puffiness and fine lines instantly.
• Micro-Corrector Applicator micro-fills and smooths.
• Active formula with Haloxyl reduces the look of puffiness and shadows while fading the appearance of under-eye circles.
• Apply neutralizer shade for extreme dark circles.
• Brightener shade adds a luminous touch.

Packaging

I have used this since 3 months now and I'm so in love with it! In fact I regret why didn't I get this earlier. I don't have very bad dark circles but I find this brightens up my under eye area well.  It comes in a plastic tube and sponge applicator on it to makes application so simple and means the product needs less blending.  You need to scroll the red part every time you need to use it. Personally I don't mind the packaging except the sponge that I have issues with, I agree that the sponge makes the application so simple but it is not hygienic. I really hope they could come up with a better packaging.


The color range could definitely be an issue for very pale or dark skin tones as it only comes in two shades - adding one much lighter shade and a few darker would definitely be a good idea. I actually asked my brother to get it from Australia since I couldn't find this in Pakistan so I don't know how much he got it for but as I can see on Ebay it is almost 13$. I have got both shades, I am using the Light one for highlighting and Medium for my under-eye. I apply it using my damp real techniques sponge and sometime I coat it with powder or just leave it like that for more dewy look. I am not sure if this really treats my dark circle as I said I don't have very bad dark circles but I am very sure this is a very good daily wear concealer since it is thin and light consistency. I only used thick or heavy coverage consistency when I used to work as flight attendants or go for photo shoot,otherwise I don't use heavy concealer :)

Pros:
- decent price range
- lightweight formula
- doesn't break me out
- shades lean towards yellow undertones (with the exception of Brightener)

Cons:
- sponge applicator tip seems unhygienic after use
- limited shade range

No comments:

Post a Comment